Author Topic: "fast food diet" and how to stop? need help surviving?  (Read 6808 times)

Offline ferisong

• Forager
    • View Profile
"fast food diet" and how to stop? need help surviving?
« on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:16 pm »
I’ve been trying for over a year to switch to paleo diet with very little success. I read an article that for a few genetically unfortunate people, certain food addictions can have equivalent power and hold as heroin addictions. As luck would have it, I happen to be one of those people (fastfood everyday for the last 5 MONTHS.)

I’ve tried to change soo many times and I’ve always failed. Right now I’m on a record breaking day 6 and it’s not getting any easier.
I always hear of the “two week breakthrough” where everything apparently gets suddenly better and cravings go away, but I’ve never reached it before. I really don’t think I could maintain the paleo diet long term in 100%, so I wonder

A.does the paleo diet have to be cold turkey? Or could you slowly wean off bad foods in a scheduled manner? Or, is every big mac like hitting the reset button?
B. what’s the miminum paleo you can have to see a positive effect? I’m especially interested in clearing up the skin.

I think the only way I’ll survive is a very slow and easy introduction, and the loosest possible version , at least initially. Theres just no way ill be able to maintain a strict paleo diet.
What are the best options to get started ? 1 day week paleo, then , then 3, so on? A general, unorganized effort to just eat better? Maybe a pre determined 30 minute a day period where I can eat as I like?

Initially, I’m not concerned with the long term health effects, I just need to get over the addictions and cravings. The one immediate concern I have is clearer skin, so what’s the bare minimum I could do to see progress?

Put it to you this way- I first found up about the paleo diet in 2009, and this is the second time ive EVER gone 6 days…. Im eating taco bell everyday, sometimes twice a day.i have a bit of adderal im using to hold off cravings, and it works, but obviously I cant rely on it.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: "fast food diet" and how to stop? need help surviving?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:41 pm »
Put it to you this way- I first found up about the paleo diet in 2009, and this is the second time ive EVER gone 6 days…. Im eating taco bell everyday, sometimes twice a day.i have a bit of adderal im using to hold off cravings, and it works, but obviously I cant rely on it.

Hi ferisong,

You're a smart guy.  When you're ready for good health and the path to clear skin, you can drop the crutches (adderal/Taco Bell).  Adderal affects the mind, right?  Maybe instead of keeping on adderal, you can help wean off it by keeping on RP but eating a healthy cooked starch food one half cup of it every other night with lots of raw fat with it.  I think you'll be off the adderal in a month that way, and on all RP if that's what you want, no Taco Bell necessary, unless TB really helps you.

PS I'm following you on Yahoo and twitter. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 02:11:33 am »
And stop with the adderal. If you use it and then stop your cravings will bounce back even harder.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 03:09:38 am »
why are you creating the same thread multiple times? stop spamming.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:21 am »
I'm glad I never got addicted to fastfood, although right now I am kind of addicted to pizza.  Although it's harder for me, because I work at a pizza place so I get to sit there and make pizzas and smell them and see them right under my nose all day long, and then we'll have pizza sitting on the side for free just waiting to be eaten by the employees, so it's very hard to resist, but fastfood was easy for me to stop eating, even though i used to eat it almost everyday too.

maybe try keeping no money or anything in your wallet or on you whenever you leave?  That way if you go out and try to go to a fast food place, you can't buy anything.  Or avoid leaving altogether, it's easy for me to avoid fastfood only because I have to go out of my way to get it, and I'm lazy, so I don't want to go and wait in line to get food thats just gonna make me feel sick and break out anyways.

by the way, if you want the acne to go away, you can't eat fast food whatsoever.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 04:23:13 pm »
It would be nice if we could get all fast food restaurants, regular restaurants, and all food places to at least switch to organic, unprocessed, salt-free, grass-fed, free-range, pastured, unpasteurized, and everything of the like.. but that will probably never happen, just because it's cheaper to go unhealthier.

If you do give in and get fast food though, you should at least skip out on the grains, such as eating a cheeseburger without the bun, or a taco without the shell.. I notice the meat and cheese alone usually isn't enough to make me break out right away, so I try to avoid things like buns/shells/bread/chips and french fries.. I also have not drank anything but water (or milk, but i consider that more of a food than a drink so imo I only drink water) for months, and I'm so used to it now I don't even crave anything else, even when I eat unhealthy foods.  I actually feel better if I wash down any unhealthy foods with a bunch of water, hoping all the water will help flush any toxins out of my system.. so at least that helps me avoid drinking soda or other processed drinks.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:49:53 pm »
Do a 1 day water(with a few drops lemon juice) fast to loose the taste of crap-food. Makes it easier to adjust to the taste of raw foods.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 04:39:35 pm »
you are a man right?
No one can help you with taco bell addiction.

You have 2 choices go RPD or even cooked PD and feel great and get abs lol or feel like shit on daily basis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te6qG4yn-Ps

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 07:33:30 am »
Taco bell and other fast foods are processed in such a way to make them addicting.

Other people who don't eat fast foods, for example people on these forums, aren't stronger willed than you, potentially speaking. Potentially, they have the same will power as you. The difference is that they don't eat fast food(most of them don't), and so they aren't addicted to it.

By understanding that fast food is addictive because of the stuff that's added to it and the way it's processed, you can help yourself to understand why you feel the desire to eat it. That's the first step, to understand that the fast food itself is addicting, and that craving it is basically unavoidable for anybody eating it.

You should congratulate yourself for having the desire not to eat it. Most people that eat fast food aren't aware that they are addicted. Becoming aware that you are addicted to fast food(even if the food is addicting and you may not have a choice to feel addicted to it) is the most important step in the process because it gives you all the power in the situation. Once you become aware of an addiction, you're no longer addicted to it...because you've become aware that you were addicted.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 12:48:26 pm »
My advice is to go cold turkey raw paleo diet, and quit . Use will power and train yourself not to cave, don't feel bad if you do, just continue eating raw.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:14 am »
Going on a 14 day orange juice fast killed my addiction to rice.
For a filipino to be cured of rice addiction, that's a big fat deal.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 05:33:56 pm »
Going on a 14 day orange juice fast killed my addiction to rice.
For a filipino to be cured of rice addiction, that's a big fat deal.
Might try something like that to get rid of my addiction to cooked meat. I treated myself a medium rare steak this weekend. Quickly seared in lard and than slowly cooked to medium rare in a very large pool high quality butter. SOOO good. Maybe one steak a week aint so bad but still makes raw meat taste bad for at least 48hrs(I eat it anyway off course).

sorry for the cooked food spam  ;)
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk