Author Topic: Blood type and avoiding beef..  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
Blood type and avoiding beef..
« on: February 28, 2011, 01:25:04 am »
I'm finally really looking into the blood type diet, because I do believe there may be something there to learn from. I have seen the thread on "debunking" the blood type diet, but that doesn't convince me. I am also not convinced that there is 100% truth to the blood type diet, but that's why I am going to give this a try.

I've read about certain blood types avoiding specific meats like beef and rather going for lamb and fish. Someone in this forum even posted a comment about trying this.

Has anyone here followed a blood type diet for some time? Do you prefer going for lamb and fish over beef for any reasons?

I feel like I am not doing good on beef at all. It is 100% grass-fed, but I am not feeling nearly as good as when I was without it for around two weeks.

At the very beginning of my raw paleo journey about 3 months ago, I started off on supermarket bison (probably grain-fed). I remember feeling much better on that compared to when I started eating grass-fed beef.

I seem to fit the description of the B blood type. Raw dairy, so far, has been the best food for me, in my opinion.

I am curious, so I am going to take a cheap blood test to find my blood type, possibly tomorrow.

Of course, this is something that works for some and doesn't work for others, but this may very well be something for me.

I think I will cut beef out of my diet again and go meatless for another while. If things improve, I will get some lamb or white fish and see how that goes, regardless if my blood type is under the category which recommends to do so.

I do believe in the wonderful benefits and necessity of eating raw animal foods. This is why I am here. However, for some reason, it may be possible that I just can't tolerate beef as much as others meats. The only meats I've tried to this point has been bison, beef and salmon. The bison and salmon were occasional and I have really only been eating beef for the most part. Time to try other meats.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:32:09 am by Caveman »

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Blood type and avoiding beef..
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 02:01:48 am »
I am blood type B and, in the past, was trying to incorporate Dr. D'Adamo's recommendations, which for me meant ditching grains, chicken, tomatoes and eating tons of dairy, fish and alternative meats, like lamb or rabbit. I think that maybe because of those recommendations I always insisted on eating lots of dairy - even when an overwhelming body of arguments was against it, there was always "but dairy is great for my blood type!"

If you do believe in the blood type dietary theory and in the RPD at the same time, you are lucky to be blood type 0 or B. As far as I remember, Dr. D'Adamo recommends whole grains and tofu for blood types A and AB.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:33:37 am by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk