Author Topic: Why does raw meat make me sleep better?  (Read 4620 times)

Satya

Why does raw meat make me sleep better?
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:34:38 pm »
I would really like to know.  If I eat all raw one day, my sleep will be much deeper that same night.  Why is this?  I don't think it is necessarily the animal fat, because I get the same result whether I eat steak tartare with marrow, sashimi and avocado, or carpaccio with eggyolk and olive oil.  It is such a good thing, but I am curious about it.  Perhaps it is as simple as not requiring such a heavy digestion, and I do eat mainly at night.  Any other ideas? 

TIA.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Why does raw meat make me sleep better?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:51:54 am »
Well, I get a hangover effect after eating cooked, so  suspect it's just the toxins in cooked foods such as AGes/HCAs which are causing fatigue, just as the congeners/preservatives in alcohol cause the fatigue/hangover effect, to a greater extent than theactual ethanol.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:48 am »
Maybe because cooked food is harder and takes longer to digest?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:47:55 pm »
Yeah it is weird, I think you sleep better because there's less heating up and cooling down of body temp. I know this because when in the past I've drunk beer or eaten something wrong I would over heat and sleep lightly.

Now it's like I've been knocked out for 7 hours and wake up with no recollection of dreams or any memory of the the night just nothingness. Pretty crazy.
Sometimes I sleep 4 hours just wake up 3:30- 4 am to get some things done and work through they day with no probs.

I got up really early today and smashed out a 12km run and hit (my) gym before starting work at 7am (I've made my own garage gym setup the last week)

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 06:29:24 pm »
My sleep's better too.  I'd like the answer to this as well.  I also get better dreams.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk