Author Topic: finally there  (Read 2890 times)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
finally there
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »
Introductions aren’t my strongest point (nor is English) but I wil give it a shot since it seems kinda strange to just start posting without one.

My dietary history

The first 18 years of my life I lived on grains, shit-fed meat, greens, fruits, lots off dairy and junk. I’m from the Netherlands were they have taken the low fat hype to the next level. It is common practice to eat 2 bread meals a day. To make matters worse on this bread there should be margarine because it’s a healthy fat right? Real butter is used only very little in the Netherlands.

Sometimes I really wonder how I survived!

At 18 I started reading a lot about nutrition and slowly realised there’s something very wrong with dietary advice giving by mainstream channels. I learned the value of real fats and experimented with low carb.

Next I found out about the blood type diet and naively believed the theory largely. Being type A I embarked upon a largely vegetarian diet with some dairy and meat. During the next 5 or so years my health increased and I kept reading. Slowly my diet got less blood type and more low-fat.

Recently I found out about the work of dr E. Howel, a true pioneer imo, and started eating lots of sprouts (no grains) and raw vegetables. This really helped my health a lot. However I still felt drained by the cooked meat so I started to google raw vegan and read a lot about it. I never did raw vegan because I’ve always been very sure humans are omnivores.

I felt it should at least be possible to eat eggs dairy and some types of meat raw. This lead me to the primal diet and eventually here. The next 2 months I read as much as I could on your forum and learned more than I ever thought I would. There’s a lot of wisdom here and I’m very happy to be part of this forum now.

I’m currently transitioning to an RPD diet. I tried going cold turkey and felt great however it wasn’t long before I started cheating due to social factors. So I now am easing into the diet.

My diet looks somewhat like this:

06:15 breakfast
smoothy
   0,3 litre raw organic milk
   4 whole organic eggs
   teaspoon honey

tablespoon VCO  (in my climate its always solid)

9:30 snack
Apple
Avocado (addicted to them since my low carb experiments)

12:30 lunch
200-300 grams Raw organic semi-grassfed beef fatty cut
0,3 ltr raw organic milk
Some butter or vco

15:00
0,5 ltr Green vegetable smoothy with sprouts(50%)
Piece of raw cheese

~18:00 diner
Cooked meat or fish
Cooked vegetables / green smoothy
3 enzyme caps (they really work for me when eating cooked)

Suggestions are very welcome
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:05:07 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: finally there
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:08:21 pm »
Well, we all have to experiment to see what works for us best as individuals. In my case, I had to ditch the raw veggie-juice and raw dairy completely and could eat cooked veg with very few problems but cooked animal food was a no-no. Others can't stand raw carbs, so switch to raw, zero-carb and so on and so forth. If your current regime is speeding up your recovery, fine. If your health-recovery is stalling, then that's the time to make some changes here and there and experiment a bit more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:26:11 pm »
nice!
Is it hard to get grassfed beef in netherlands or raw milk im curious thanks.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 11:30:59 pm »
100% Grasfed meat is very hard to find in NL
Raw milk is rather easy. Raw dairy is illegal however farmers are allowed to sell raw milk (just milk nothing else) at their farm. They do have to "warn" you about the "dangers"of raw milk consumption  ;) lol
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 11:36:25 pm »
Tyler,

After 2 weeks 90% raw I did have some discomfort eating cooked meat. Since using Enzyme caps whenever eating cooked I don't suffer anymore. Obviously I try to limit my exposure to cooked stuff. I'm 99% grain free for several years now an they do give me trouble with or without supplemented enzymes. Sprouted grains do not seem to harm me but I avoid them just in case!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:38:25 pm by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk