Author Topic: REAL Raw Documentary  (Read 5520 times)

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
REAL Raw Documentary
« on: April 15, 2011, 11:00:24 pm »
OK...if the folks at Animal Planet are full of shit, we have folks here capable of producing & releasing a raw documentary. All sorts of vegan docs (from garden variety to "Supercharge Me" to a raw vegan cartoon/superhero series), but I've not seen a raw meat documentary.

I'm up for doing music production (& I know there are others here capable). Anyone have a video editing suite? I'm thinking short self-produced video interviews answering some basic questions and talking candidly about the hows and whys...then maybe one or two "featured performers" to tie the whole thing together......

Produce a 30 minute mini-documentary and release it on YouTube in three 10 minute blocks.

Thoughts?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: REAL Raw Documentary
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 12:48:47 am »
SD,
I am not much help to you but I see that as an excellent idea. The link could be put in the opening info of the forums. A very positive step.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 03:27:26 am »
I would think it would be best to have various different segments. Youtube only allows c.10 minutes per segment, right? So 3 sets of c.10 minutes each is about right. The 1st segment would likely be best used to dismiss the public's fears about  bacteria and parasites, perhaps combined with some video of that same person eating raw meats with others of his family. The 2nd one might be more technical, talking about heat-created toxins, enzymes, hygiene hypothesis etc. but also mentioning Weston-Price's comments re raw animal foods and the like. The 3rd segment could be more practical, dealing with where to buy raw grassfed meats, discuss organ-meats, which type of restaurants offer raw animal food dishes and so on....

I guess we need someone with a videocamera, microphone  etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 03:57:52 am »
yeah we need to point one thing out.. that man wasn't born with a cooking pan nor knowledge on fire.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 04:42:19 am »
I would think it would be best to have various different segments. Youtube only allows c.10 minutes per segment, right? So 3 sets of c.10 minutes each is about right. The 1st segment would likely be best used to dismiss the public's fears about  bacteria and parasites, perhaps combined with some video of that same person eating raw meats with others of his family. The 2nd one might be more technical, talking about heat-created toxins, enzymes, hygiene hypothesis etc. but also mentioning Weston-Price's comments re raw animal foods and the like. The 3rd segment could be more practical, dealing with where to buy raw grassfed meats, discuss organ-meats, which type of restaurants offer raw animal food dishes and so on....

I guess we need someone with a videocamera, microphone  etc.
Sounds good Tyler
Cheers
Al

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 06:54:11 pm »
I agree with Tyler. The gist I get is to take a more fact and science based approach than our adversaries purely emotional one (though I think this also has its place). Should it include default media trickery like to only use those of the members that look their absolute best at the time of recording? personal experiences are also heavy hitters with the audience. The power of anecdote is enormous.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:50:11 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 09:31:55 pm »
I agree with Tyler. The gist I get is to take a more fact and science based approach than our adversaries purely emotional one (though I think this also has its place).
I agree with all you said Brother but the emotional one is an interesting one to mine because by stressing that we eat animals that have been farmed and treated ethically and raised in a way that is closer to their natural way, ie organic grass fed beef etc. we are enhancing their lives. Good point!
Cheers
Al

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 05:52:07 pm »
This did not go far?

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:33:15 pm »
This did not go far?

Seems not.

It will probably take someone who is interested in making a documentary to make this a reality. I think it would be cool, but my skill set lies elsewhere. I can contribute, but I certainly don't have the talent, skill, or knowledge to make a doc from scratch.

Ah, well.....
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk