Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 4127 times)

Offline kindredspirit23

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello to all
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:29:39 pm »
Hi everyone!

Well, here we go.  I am looking at this way of eating because I have been analyzing all the crap we put into our bodies and how screwed up we are.  I have been working on getting my diet to all raw foods-gluten free/soy free blah blah blah, and now have to go somewhere different.  Tried raw dairy, don't think that it is working well for myself or my son.  So, I kind of thought, why not go completely raw?  I  didn't like how I felt after eating cooked food, and for some reason the thought of a salad just doesn't do it for me. So, we are jumping into this way of eating.  We started with introducing some raw organ meats from the local grass fed/finished farmer and found out that my mouth starts salivating taking the liver out of the freezer/fridge.  Seriously.  All the negativity towards liver in my head has to go out the window because the body is craving it.  So, we try heart. It's OK, not quite the liver reaction but it works.  Currently on the hunt for other organ meats and what not.  It will be interesting to see how this all goes down.
  I have been feeding my dogs/cats raw for years and they do so well. Finally had to take the leap.
  I am hoping my toddler will just fall in step with me.  My husband is another story.  I am glad he is working out of town for a few months as I hope to be somewhat transitioned when he returns and be prepared for his reactions to what we are eating.  Anyway, that is kind of Reader's Digest.  We are not big veggie people, probably more towards fruit right now but really hoping that begins to taper off as we eat more good fat and can listen to what the body is saying.  I have to say thanks to Ryan to giving me some working info to get started on this path.  Been reading the forums with a lot of interest.  Look forward to reading more but I have to get to bed for now. Thanks everyone and have a great night.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:32 pm »
welcome!  :)

what do you feed your dogs?

look forward to hearing more about the organs you're adding!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:20:37 pm »
Welcome! I'm impressed that you are already trying out raw organ-meats at this early stage.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:42:08 pm »
    Welcome Kindred! :)

I know what you're doing is really great.  I'm just wondering as to what  your husband will do when he sees you two eating this way.  Have you ever mentioned the idea to him?  I know I was very concerned that my partner would be against it.  I told him anyway, he apparently didn't believe it.  Once I started eating it, it kind of scared the daylights out of him that the diet is so different from what the rest of America eats.  He still tells my son that meat is healthiest when it is cooked (doesn't make sense as Partner eats no meat). My son doesn't listen to that, as he can think for himself and learn from his own experience, which is that cooked meat is not healthful.  I hope your husband gets on the wagon by eating like you, or by being supportive of it.  It's nice to eat together comfortably. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kindredspirit23

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:26 pm »
Hey there-I will try to address all:)

Well, I am hoping that if he(hubby) does not want to do it that at least he accepts the idea and can roll with it.  I have already told him we are trying heart and liver and he said, "Good for you, not me."  That's OK.  He comes from a family that completely cooked everything. Nasty.:)  I am hoping that our health improves and that by leading by example he may try it someday. We'll see:)

Raw feeding dogs.  Many people do it so differently.  I use a lot of chicken backs and organ meat.  Tripe sometimes.  Reason for chicken mostly is because of the price and meat/bone/cartilage ratio.  Also use raw bones. Dogs are basically wolves, so you have to remember that when feeding.  Also sometimes supplement with greens or probiotics.   My dogs are big and need exercise to reach their potential so they have a lot of outside time on our land running/playing/digging/being dogs.  Destruction at it's finest in our world:)   My breed of choice is borzoi(Russian Wolfhound)  not to be confused with the Irish Wolfhound.:)

I have been "playing" with less and less cooked meat the past couple of years, actually eating hamburger raw occasionally (grass fed).  Going to organ meat more of a challenge upstairs in the head than the actual act of eating it.  Always been disgusted with cooked organ meat my whole life.  Had to break it down into a mental game for me.  Weird.  Maybe.  But we all got our gigs:) I am hoping that taste and texture wins out in the end:)   Also, get better "vibes" from the raw food.  Weird again but it is enough to influence the belly:)  So, the leap to organs, challenging yes, but so worth it.  I have been online looking for local sources of organ meats, last night found a goat person that had "sweetbreads" .  So,  I have already emailed them on the availability of that and other organ meats they have...

So here's a question. Why is it so hard to come by the organ meats?  Does it have to do with the downward trend of eating them?  Or the actual butchering process?  It must have to link to money somehow:)

Look forward to hearing from people! Thanks for the warm welcome:)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 11:09:44 pm »
Hi.

I'm a parent too and this is what I can share about feeding a raw paleo diet to children or any diet to children.
We as parents must master the diet first.
We have to be 3 steps or more ahead of our children.
Then you will know which foods are good and bad for you, don't experiment with the kids.
You will make mistakes at the start.
Let the mistakes be on you and not on children.
Once you have the experience, and the experience and the experience, it will be safe to bring the children along for the best ride ever.

It's summer break now and my children are getting a load of RPD training from me.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »
Well, in the UK, farmers have to pay per hour to have their animals slaughtered and inspected (twice!) so that they don't see the point in not throwing the organ-meats away, especially since organ-meats are so cheap since no one wants them. That said, if one asks around enough times, one usually finds someone who is willing to make a little extra effort as long as one is buying more profitable raw meats from him as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline csesuvra

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 12:16:05 am »
Most welcome!!!!!!! Feeling glad to get you. I am also new here & hope to enjoy as much as possible.. O0
Suvra Cse

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 12:39:20 am »
haha is that you S? I recommend this forum to a lot of people, and maybe I'm not the Ryan you're referring to, but that would make sense if you are.

Either way, welcome aboard, this is a totally awesome place! And that's sooo awesome you feed your animals raw! I hate to think about all the poor pets out there living on cardboard kibble!

Enjoy your stay!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk