Author Topic: Sample Day's Menu  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Chels042425

• Forager
    • View Profile
Sample Day's Menu
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:14:22 am »
Hi all! I am new here but recently heard remarkable stories about the Primal diet and Paleo diet. I know this isnt paleo favorable because of all the fruit but can I get your opinion on this diet plan? Thank you!

Breakfast: 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, .5 ounce of almonds, 1 banana

Lunch: 1 sweet potato, .5 ounces of almonds, 1 grilled chicken breast, some type of vegetable

Snack: .5 ounces of almonds and 2 cups of cantaloupe

Dinner: 1 grilled chicken breast cooked in olive oil, broccoli, 1 cup of blueberries, .5 ounces of almonds

The totals for this are: 1350 calories, 50g of fat, 120g of carbs, 28g of fiber, 102g of protein, 77g of sugar (from the fruit)

What do you all think? Its a very clean diet but a lot of fruit..

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Sample Day's Menu
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:57:47 am »
I know this isnt paleo favorable because of all the fruit but can I get your opinion on this diet plan? Thank you!

Welcome !

Where did you get the idea that there was no fruits during the paleolthic era ? I don't think the hominids in the pre-fire era ever ate according to some preset menus or diet plans!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:20:00 am »
You may wish to let go of more conventional concepts like why you must eat from several food groups in 1 meal all the time.

Strange why you eat only egg whites.

That does not look like a lot of fruit.

And it is curious why you spread out your eating of almonds.

And it is strange you grilled your chicken?

Is this post meant for cooked paleo diet or it's just a transition thing?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 09:27:35 am »
You may wish to let go of more conventional concepts like why you must eat from several food groups in 1 meal all the time.

I noticed this first about your food plan. If you are truly following your instinct, then there's nothing wrong with eating from several food groups, but my own experience is just the opposite - I chow down on something, but don't try to plate up a "balanced" meal the way I did on a standard diet.

Fruit, as was mentioned, is not taboo... unless it makes you feel badly. Fruit is my grab-n-go food.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk