Author Topic: Grassfed ground beef - the higher the fat the better? covered or uncovered?  (Read 6482 times)

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
I will be trying raw meat for the first time tomorrow so I'm wondering what type of ground beef to get. Is the fattier the better? Why?

Also, I'm going to get it never frozen and I'm not going to freeze it. I'm going to get a small amount at first. I'm going to keep it in the fridge uncovered. Is this the way to do it? What is the best way and why? I read it's best uncovered.

My family is going to think I'm insane for eating raw meat, and that's another thing I'm going to have to deal with.  l)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
I personally do not eat ground beef.

just slice or cut it in small pieces.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
I personally do not eat ground beef.

Neither do I. Meat grinding was certainly not practiced in paleo times. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I found I healed better on fattier, ground raw meat. It also tasted better. We all need some raw animal fat in our diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
I found I healed better on fattier, ground raw meat. It also tasted better. We all need some raw animal fat in our diet.
Agreed get the fatty one. Better get some fatty whole meat cuts. I enjoy eating meat without cutting it just using my hands and teeth. That what they are for...
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
I eat Trader Joe's 85/15 grassfed GB.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replies. I just ate my first raw ground beef but the problem is the only one I could get ATM was grassfed groundbeef from Whole Foods which was 93% lean and only 7% fat. I wanted more fat but the only other one they had was 85% and it wasn't grass fed. It was so damn expensive, $9.99 a pound! But it was on sale for 7.99. Still too much. Whole Foods is way over priced.

Anyway, I had a hard time getting the meat down. I gagged a lot. The texture and taste I absolutely hate at this point. I hope I get used to it. I think the main reason I am reacting like this is what I have in my mind. I think it's simply because it's something very new to me. I really want to like it so I'm going to keep trying. Did anyone else have this problem? Tips would be helpful. Thanks!

Ron

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Hey you can add some onions and garlic to your meat to enhance the flavour! You can start by under cooking the meat! Try making burgers with pink color inside and slightly cooked outside you will love it!!

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Anyway, I had a hard time getting the meat down. I gagged a lot. The texture and taste I absolutely hate at this point. I hope I get used to it. I think the main reason I am reacting like this is what I have in my mind. I think it's simply because it's something very new to me. I really want to like it so I'm going to keep trying. Did anyone else have this problem? Tips would be helpful. Thanks!
Try getting a regular cut of meat like a large steak. let it out the fridge till it is at room temp. than just eat it with hands and teeth. just bite small bits off. I also started with ground beef but its too unnatural for you body to recocnise as a great food. i gagged too. the first time i tried tha hand and teeth method my instincts immeditly kicked in and i loved it! very weird but very good experience. The same with temperature. if the meat is at the temp you are in (room temp) it just feels more natural. hop this helps.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
For me, gagging means I'm trying to eat something that I shouldn't - either it's the wrong food, or I've had enough of something.

I might add that I do get myself mentally prepared to eat raw food. In my mind, I make sure to address the cultural objections that I might be thinking. For example, instead of thinking that raw meat is disgusting, I realize that cooked meat is absurd ("Why would I kill a food animal and then put it in the fire?"). Reading some of the authors, such as Burger, helps me get in the right mind to eat raw.

Finally, I favor tender cuts of meat, such as the loin. Lamb is my favorite. A reasonable price range for me is 8 - 11 US$ per pound. Cheaper food was just ruining my health, so it costs more in the long run.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
I will be trying raw meat for the first time tomorrow so I'm wondering what type of ground beef to get. Is the fattier the better? Why?

Lex Rooker's Journal gives a very good account of his personal experiments in varying the percentage of fat content in his zero carb raw meat diet. He tried different percentages and recorded his blood glucose responses and an annual series of comprehensive blood test measurements.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
I have the meat in the refrigerator on a plate, uncovered. Will the bottom of the meat gain "bad" bacteria from sitting on the plate?

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
I think the ground meat in the fridge on the plate would be fine.  For maybe about 4-5 days.  I've certainly left it that way uncovered for that long and eaten it.  I think uncovered is better, but I have roommates so I usually cover my meat.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk