Author Topic: Craving for Cooked Foods  (Read 7354 times)

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
Craving for Cooked Foods
« on: December 07, 2011, 06:29:24 am »
When I eat raw I feel stronger, I lose weight, and I build muscle without effort. However, I still have cravings for cooked foods. It seems that the die-off reactions from Candida overgrowth from years of antibiotics as a child and then a year for debilitating lyme disease are causing me to crave for indigestible foods that the yeast can thrive on.

I remember reading a book called Ten Days to Optimal Health by Kristina Amelong which recommends a raw animal foods diet and colon cleansing to return to good health, in which a Weston Price book reviewer describes her "noting the link of B6 deficiency with yeast overgrowth" and that raw meat and raw dairy are "rich in vitamin B6."

I don't drink dairy at this time, but I do believe that B6 in raw meat may play a role in possible die-off reactions and craving for cooked foods. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

(Source for book review: http://www.westonaprice.org/thumbs-up-reviews/ten-days-to-optimal-health)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:35:35 am by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Craving for Cooked Foods
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 09:04:42 am »
Manage your cheating.
At least get the least harmful cooked food.

I'm healing my son with raw paleo diet and some 2 weeks ago I gave him a cheat, roasted fatty pig (lechon). 

Cheat on your own terms, planned, not binge on a whim.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »
Manage your cheating.
At least get the least harmful cooked food.

I'm healing my son with raw paleo diet and some 2 weeks ago I gave him a cheat, roasted fatty pig (lechon). 

Cheat on your own terms, planned, not binge on a whim.

I only cheated today because I was meeting for lunch with my supervisor and I didn't want to eat my usual organ smoothie in front of her. Otherwise, I'm very strict. I was just wondering if other people have had similar cravings and if they think it's caused by pathogens.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:44:38 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:00:10 pm »
No, I don't crave cooked foods. The only exception is sometimes roasted almond butter tastes better than the raw, and so I follow that. Otherwise I don't relate to cravings for cooked things, but I agree with GS's post- just manage it and control it, no huge deal. Feeling guilty about it would make it a big deal.
Interested in deep political matters? www.rigorousintuition.ca

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »
activated charcoal to flush out die off stuffs?
maybe you just want carbon...cooked or just char? maybe you require more carbohydrates for other purposes? energy? depressive mood?  egg yolks?
maybe just warm broths?

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 05:53:43 am »
I also read that book--very good!  It got me interested in raw foods : )
I think for now, I am going to continue eating cooked bone broths, because they do feel very beneficial to my body.

Offline wildman

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 06:52:50 am »
So you developed digestive pain once starting the rawpaleo diet? Like what kind?

I've developed colon pain when I ate grain fed raw meat and I think it was some bad bacteria that caused this.ecoli specifically

What pathogens are you worried about? One can still get food poisoning on grass fed beef and I have experienced it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:35:34 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 07:05:46 pm »
One edit for me- I've sometimes been needing to lightly cook meat recently. Maybe it's the winter here, but whatever it is, I'm going to follow intuition.
Other than that I stay raw, with fruit and salad and guacamole and a few nuts. Don't like cooked veggies; I've tried.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:36:55 am by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 04:11:10 am »
On edit for me- I've sometimes been needing to lightly cook meat recently. Maybe it's the winter here, but whatever it is, I'm going to follow intuition.
Other than that I stay raw, with fruit and salad and guacamole and a few nuts. Don't like cooked veggies; I've tried.

Try just steaming the meat, if you can.  That will still warm it up, without creating nasty AGEs and other unhealthy compounds.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 11:57:08 am »
I found that I craved cooked food the more I ate it. I haven't eaten anything even lightly cooked in a week and therefore have had little interest in cooking. It also helps to find meats that I like. For instance, I usually want to cook heart cause it's a bit iffy for me regarding taste, but I love raw liver and skirt steak.

Offline RedMeat

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 06:42:55 pm »
I also crave cooked food all the time. I also agree that the more I eat cook food the worse it gets but I found that the problem is that the raw animal products I get is deprived from a lot of goodies that my body needs. I moslty buy from supermarket but even in organic stores the food is not right. It's all commercial at one point. However the problem is solved for me when I get access to raw pasture fed animal products. This food is godsend and it stops all my cravings instantly. I can eat only that and I'm fine. On top of that I normally overeat but with raw red meat from pasture fed animals I eat only a little and I stop thinking about food for the rest of the day. I find that amazing. Only problem is that I cant find it in my area so I'm stuck with tasteless meat that keep me craving cooked food all day.

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 08:56:21 pm »
Can you afford to order it online?

I think don't over-think. I'm down to about 75% raw now that it's truly winter here. Sometimes I cook meat- seafood I often like raw- and I've been cooking eggplant, too, and my body's been loving that. I have no major analysis, really, just sort of rolling with the flow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk