Author Topic: Joints problems and plantar fascia on cooked paleo diet  (Read 5344 times)

Offline radioplastic

• Forager
    • View Profile
Joints problems and plantar fascia on cooked paleo diet
« on: July 29, 2012, 07:18:12 pm »
I've been eating strict cooked paleo diet for about a year now and I have very intense pains in my elbows, knees and heels.

I saw several several orthopedic surgeons and physical therapist and they have nothing to recommend to me.

Should I have any reason to believe that switching to a raw paleo diet will make a big difference?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:43:14 pm by TylerDurden »

CitrusHigh

Re: Joints problems and plantar fascia on cooked paleo diet
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 08:14:03 pm »
Absolutely, cooked equals inflammation, but the opposite when uncooked as long as it's a food meant for your body. Important that your meats are wild or grassfed/pastured and don't mess with dairy unless you're certain your body isn't giving you signs of intolerance. I would say in your condition just avoid it until the problem goes away. I also recommend lots of green veggie juices, based in parsley and cilantro and in addition: kale, broccoli, swiss chard, beets and carrots (in limited quant.), peppers, spinach, arugula, etc, just not too many root veggies. The veggies will help clean you out and add minerals, the raw meats will also help clean you out but with the added benefit of building you back up, and what is probably happening is that your body is becoming to acid and eating at and/or inflaming your joints. Pay close attention to your body's signals when you eat each food. I also recommend playing around with mono-meals to help cultivate this awareness of your body's signs. Get off the cooked shit asap, no joke. Doesn't mean you have to go all raw, immediately or at all, but you'll have to find the level you need for healing, and then maintenance. This is ABSOLUTELY a dietary issue, fuck the 'doctors' they don't know shit, they are not taught ANYTHING (unless you consider literally a few hours) about nutrition in medschool. It's all anatomy, butcher and drugs. True story.

Offline radioplastic

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 09:55:05 pm »
What about eating no meat at all, only raw veggies? I travel a lot (in poland and ukraine right now) and i live in the city without car so finding grass fed meat, i dont know how

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 03:26:17 am »
I've been eating strict cooked paleo diet ...

IMO, eating only raw veggies might help in the short run because you would be eliminating toxins from cooked meats, but harm in the long run because your food intake will be out of balance. I have eliminated joint pain with RPD, but that did not address the whole issue. I also corrected the shoes I wore (now I walk in zero-rise heel) and the bed I slept in (switched to a mild incline, minimal pillow, and no "blanket weight" on my feet at night).

Also this comment: strict cooked paleo covers a lot of ground, depending on which guru you follow. Read around on this forum for a range of ideas and become your own wise man.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 11:17:13 am »
I've been eating strict cooked paleo diet for about a year now and I have very intense pains in my eblows, knees and heels.

I saw several several orthopedic surgeons and physical therapist and they have nothing to recommend to me.

Should I have any reason to believe that switching to a raw paleo diet will make a big difference?

I would suggest magnesium supplements.  You may just have too much calcium, and it could be building up too much.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:33:22 pm »
Yea I agree,

Probably too much acidic build-up from all the heavy cooked meats and fats.  Alkalize your system more.  Careful with the raw veggies though (unless juiced, blended).  The fiber may not be the best thing in large quantities.  Lot's of water, green juices, fresh air.  Raw eggs and avocados are some of my favorite foods/snacks.  One thing you will learn with the primarily raw diet is that there is almost no clean up most of the time =)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 09:01:32 pm »
If you look at online  studies about the 5 different types of heat-created toxins derived from cooking(advanced glycation end products/advanced lipoxidation end products/polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/nitrosamines/heterocyclic amines) you will frequently find mention that  inflammation is mainly caused directly by such toxins(eg:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2920582/

)

Don't bother with 100% raw vegan. It cannot provide several of the nutrients you will need to rebuild your tissues etc. in sufficient quantity etc. Maybe as an initial intro to the rawpalaeodiet for the first month, say, but don't expect much, just  a bit less pain, perhaps.

Serious health problems can sometimes take up to 2-3 years to fully resolve themselves(well that's what it took to get rid of my 60 or so different health-problems), so don't expect instant results.

Excess calcium in your diet is extremely unlikely if you've been eating strict cooked-palaeodiet for a year(ie minus dairy).

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk