Author Topic: milk and honey  (Read 6416 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
milk and honey
« on: September 25, 2012, 10:53:14 am »
I often have this as a meal with plenty of pollen. I feel like I'm leaning towards more of an Aajonus type diet. I crave everything he says to eat how he says to. And he says unlimited honey and that's just one of the things. I think he knows what he's talking about. I also think finding the right honey is really important. My runny honey is great. it has a minty taste.

Everyone should try milk and honey and pollen meals. It's great.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:14:46 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: milk and honey
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:59:58 am »
Where do you get pollen, or do you collect it yourself?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 03:18:22 pm »
This topic should have been put into the Primal Diet forum.*Moved there now*.

I am one of many people who do very badly on raw dairy. I, like some here, get a nasty reaction from eating raw, liquid honey and a lesser reaction to raw honeycomb(which gets worse if I eat a lot of it); and raw bee pollen makes me feel very hot in a bad way. So, no, raw meats/organ-meats and raw fruits  are a better option.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 09:17:34 pm »
if people read my earlier posts theyd see that I also did very badly on raw dairy. I tried it and quit twice. The third time i tried I drank lots of kefir and ate lots of cheese before drinking any fresh milk, the idea being that I needed to give my body the right bacteria to digest it. I also did no cow milk and only goat. I think this totally worked since now im at the point of drinking no water and only milk. I still eat cow cheese butter and cream, havent tried the milk in a while. I agree with aajonus that dairy takes getting used to for some people like me.  I think the kefir cheese primer helped me a lot in adapting to it. im very glad I did since now im able to consume much more fat.

my pollen come from my raw dairy buying club. its from the amish. It makes me feel like i have an explosion of energy when i eat a lot simialar to the surge i get from liver.

the new minty liquid honey i got was the first one that made me crave consuming large amounts.  it does wonders for my digestion.
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 06:20:59 pm »
Plenty of people still suffer from fermented raw dairy, myself included. The general rule is that if one has even a slight intolerance towards raw dairy that one should avoid it completely even if one can seemingly tolerate small aspects such as raw butter or raw, fermented dairy. The reason for this is that, often, a particular food may contain trace amounts of some harmful stuff, which can cause minor issues which only appear in the long-term but are not immediately noticeable after casual consumption of that food.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:09:50 am »
Have you tried any sheep's dairy products, TD? Still suboptimal for me, but much better tolerated by me than cow or goat's dairy.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:10:14 am »
I tolerate small amounts of raw cows dairy. Too much and I feel weird.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:10:22 pm by TylerDurden »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 02:11:01 pm »
Have you tried any sheep's dairy products, TD? Still suboptimal for me, but much better tolerated by me than cow or goat's dairy.
Yes, several times, and I still suffered greatly therefrom.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 02:35:16 pm »
I know people get bad reactions from taking too much fermented dairy too quickly. It is suggested to only take a tablespoon a day and work up by a tablespoon every few days until you can drink a whole glass. If you just drank a glass of kefir and felt terrible for it, that means nothing.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 11:49:31 am »
all i know is it used to give me issues and now it makes me feel great.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk