Author Topic: Hi, I am new, to all of this.  (Read 21557 times)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I am new, to all of this.
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 06:37:18 am »
... what is the remedy for heart burn.  Just the meat, or other techniques?  I need all stomach problems gone, it's been five years of never getting it solved, and I can't live like this much longer.

Before RPD, I could never eat without burning in my stomach. This went on for more than 30 years. This helped me be serious about eating a raw paleo diet. Although along the way I did experiment with non-paleo foods like goats milk, I always ended up going back to straight RPD. That is the only constant for me - if my distant ancestors didn't eat it, neither do I. I have had curing of my entire digestive tract without any other treatments. I don't mean to tell you to stop your medications, but I encourage you to keep it simple.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2012, 01:16:37 am »
I wouldn't argue on that point. But I'm afraid you're missing my point here. A lot of us live in areas where we only get sun for a short few months (I'm in Vancouver, Canada. This definitely apply's to me). In the Summer months, sure, once you get up to a good base level you can probably be alright not supplementing during the Summer. I don't know, honestly. But during the winter months? Or the fall months? Even a lot of some peoples Spring months. On many of those days you essentially produce next to no vitamin D and you go into your hibernation mode. Your body starts working less efficient in its bid to preserve as many resources as it can through this "hardship". This affects people to different degrees, but most of us do feel more crappy all through the crappy months.

The theory supports evidence that your body may even purposefully get sick during the drab months, in order to make you bed ridden so you don't move and cause it to use energy. It doesn't understand you may have a job, or you need to get stuff done. All it knows is it wants you to sit around and do nothing because it feels its top priority is to conserve its resources in case really bad things start to happen. This prevents healing to a huge degree, in all ways.

Evidence is suggesting that a baseline, every single day of your life, could be in the range of 30,000 IU minimum. Or at the very least, 20,000. On sunny days this doesn't seem like a problem. Sitting in the sun a lot this Summer, I began to notice an instinctual "okay get the hell out of the sun now" feeling when I felt I had enough. The thing is, even in the Summer, there were still a decent amount of cloudy days too. I was also stuck inside of a big warehouse for so many, many precious hours of it. Being in the shade would have done me so much more good than being completely blocked from the sun by building. In my mind, this made for a more confusing time for my body that is unnatural, as in older times so much more time I imagine would have been spent, at the least, in shade.

Grant you, there's a lot of filler in those things, yes. That is crap. But the vitamin D itself you don't actually absorb into your cells and keep there. It circulates in the blood (in the same form as it normally would, after getting converted in the liver) and tells your receptors to do all sorts of nice good things like proper regulation of balanced minerals and bone building. I agree, I admit I don't like taking it in this form either because of the fillers. I hear the liquid form is a lot better, but a bit more expensive. But, I understand now that the alternative is much worse. After the research I've done, I know my vitamin D intake needs to go up dramatically. The alternative is a continual degradation of my body while it uses up its life force trying to struggle against unnatural conditions. I need to tell my body its in sunny, shady, Africa, not cold and snowy Canada.

People leaving testimonials as to high dosage vitamin D therapy sound extremely promising. When upping their intake smartly, they seem to rid themselves of many chronic problems of many kinds.

The only true way to know if you're maintaining a proper level is a vitamin D test, so its best to get those every 6 months maybe? I've yet to do mine, but plan to in November. I suspect very low numbers.

Barefoot - it seems that you didn't fully read my original suggestion to Grit:

Instead of buying vitamin D, in the summer you can go out into the sun - which will be good for you in other ways too.

I actually agree with you. My husband has been helped a great deal with vitamin d supplementation. I didn't suggest that Grit not take vitamin d in the winter ESPECIALLY if his numbers are low - just in the summer when most places you can get enough by going out into the sun (save money) and the other good effects that the sun has for the system.

Offline Grithnir

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 08:28:26 am »
I wanted to say something.  I am in Idaho, we have many ski resorts here, but I went to school in California, in fact lived in that state for four years.  I find people that are in the sunlight, that much, have minds that are way too open, like parts are falling out, and they literally lose sight of their identity by the weather being so perfect.  Can't really explain how, but sometimes when I was there, it's like the knowledgeable people just stuck out among this crowd of people drunk off the sun and it's effect on the brain. I am taking this to a psychological level.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 10:58:33 am »
I wanted to say something.  I am in Idaho, we have many ski resorts here, but I went to school in California, in fact lived in that state for four years.  I find people that are in the sunlight, that much, have minds that are way too open, like parts are falling out, and they literally lose sight of their identity by the weather being so perfect.  Can't really explain how, but sometimes when I was there, it's like the knowledgeable people just stuck out among this crowd of people drunk off the sun and it's effect on the brain. I am taking this to a psychological level.

Fundamentalist Muslims live in a very sunny climate, generally.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2012, 07:35:22 am »
Hey griithnir how you holdiing up? Are those supplements helping?

Have you added any raw foods yet?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 10:31:35 pm »
Hey Grithnir, RAW tells us you've almost gotten off all the meds you've been on for several years.

Congrats. It would be great if you could update the forum on your progress.

Things you might wanna include:
- how you felt before the supps+diet, and how you feel after
- what meds you've been on and the doses you were on before and the doses you're on now
- what supps and foods you're eating
- and anything else you feel should be included

Again, congrats. I look forward to hearing from you.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »
How long does it take one to "normalize" in these cases?  Normalize for me is to eventually just live a supplement free life and just stick to food?

I thought about this recently. I thought to myself, if leaky gut is fully healed - for example by eating strictly raw and scd legal, never cheating. Lots of fats, all organic.

After 5-10 years maybe you could try getting off the niacin. However it would require close monitoring by someone who would notice if you started developing negative symptoms.

Assuming after 5-10 years you'd be so well nourished, and your gut flora would have drastically changed. And all the issues on microbial influence .com would have been addressed.

but even then it would be risky, and the possibility of a set back would make it a needless risk.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 06:27:04 pm »
Grithnr, I get the feeling you haven't been on the forum for awhile, but I wanna throw this out there since you said you're having stomach problems.

There's new evidence that suggests mental illness, like digestive illness, originates in the gut. Look into following a raw version of the specific carbohydrate diet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk