Author Topic: raw fats, raw pig fat  (Read 17266 times)

JaX

Re: raw fats, raw pig fat
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 02:07:50 am »
Okay, so first, Seeker, you say you don't like the taste of suet and prefer the taste of pork fat (post #1 of this thread).  Next post comes the trick question, false dichotomy, or whatever you want to call it:  Which would you choose, pork or butter fat?  Then you say you can only rarely get suet!  From the original post, it doesn't seem like you even want to eat that, which is, of course, fine, it's your life. 

For the life of me, I cannot imagine that the 2 sole sources of animal fats are crappy feed lot pork fat or organic heat-treated butter.  Beef bone marrow can be found from any butcher in any US state, and would be far superior to those other 2 choices.  Marrow is beautiful, nerve sooting, satisfying fat, and I believe the creamier variety comes from the shank (Tyler would know more on this).  Even grain-fed beef marrow would be superior in nutrients to extra-muscular pork fat.  So it appears, on the face anyway, that you would like justification from the group for this personal choice.  But then again, I could be wrong and intend to offer nothing but constructive ideas.

Donrad offers some good info on pigs.  And really, the reason so many parasite and pig diseases can be transmitted to humans is because we are genetically similar to them.  I can get pasture raised pork products from a very reputable source, but still I should not consume it often.  Beef, sheep and bison are really the best land animal fats and proteins for health.

Tyler offers good info on dairy.  He stands firm on dairy and is such an inspiration to someone like me who lapses on occasion to the addictive opioids in dairy.  Casein and lactose are in butter.  You can melt butter for 30 minutes on low and you will be left with the glue-like milk compounds on the bottom.  Ghee will have less, but it is heated even more than the pasteurized butter, and no maker of ghee guarantees casein, lactose free ghee last I checked.

I hope you can find a different option than those 2 choices.

Yes I don't find the taste of raw suet (kidney fat) appealing, but if it's healthier, then I guess I just have to get used to it, as it is with raw organs... Though suet is not as available at my local butchers as I'd like to be so I'll have to order some online. When I move out of this town I'll have better access to stuff like that.

I have also gotten a hold of raw organic yellow butter which seems to not affect me the same way as pasteurized butter (no bloating, etc) and actually it makes my teeth really white and shiny when I eat it together with meat. I did unfortunately exaggerate with the raw butter once and threw up and felt bad for several days... It's really easy to eat too much when you can eat it so fast.

I've also tried raw organic cream and from this stuff I do notice some negative effects such as small cramps in the lower part of the abdomen.. Which I don't think is detox as AV says.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 05:52:36 pm »
raw pig fat is one of the less than a handful of fats i can get my cats to eat.  i'm starting to suspect a naturally raised cat doesn't need fat.  anyone have experience' i guess i should start a thread.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 02:37:38 am »
raw pig fat is one of the less than a handful of fats i can get my cats to eat.  i'm starting to suspect a naturally raised cat doesn't need fat.  anyone have experience' i guess i should start a thread.

You MUST read a book titled "Pottenger's Cats". Google it and look it up on Amazon. He did a 10 year medical study on cat nutrition. Cooked meat and/or pasteurized milk completely destroyed the cats.
Naturally, Don

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 04:13:35 am »
ann wigmore showed us pottengers cat studies, as one of the proofs that raw food are vitally important.  the only plant foods she said something againts were whole vegetables, peels and unsprouted un cultured seeds, soy and most spice.  she fed her dog raw. 

my cats dislike dairy, and cooked meat makes them sick within a few days.  they are old.  they re well, even though professionals said they'd die years ago and only suffer.  my cats are happy, and specally when i give them great cuts of raw meat.

You MUST read a book titled "Pottenger's Cats". Google it and look it up on Amazon. He did a 10 year medical study on cat nutrition. Cooked meat and/or pasteurized milk completely destroyed the cats.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 09:09:51 am »
My cat doesn't seem to have a desire to eat raw fat like suet, although one time when he was hungry he started in on mine a little bit. He very much prefers muscle and organs. Maybe I just have to work it in to his diet. He seems fine with primarily beef cubes though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk